Researchers with the University of Waterloo seem to have found the physiological keys to wisdom! It’s something I talk about in my work but it’s always nice to have the “conventional” guys work on some of the same things about which I’m passionate.
The beat of your heart seems to be linked to how reasonable and wise you are overall. Your heart and your brain work together to consider complex issues!
Published in the Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience journal, the Waterloo team wanted to determine when and how psychophysiology determines judgment.
Professor Igor Grossman explained, “Our research shows that wise reasoning is not exclusively a function of the mind and cognitive ability. We found that people who have greater heart rate variability and who are able to think about social problems from a distanced viewpoint demonstrate a greater capacity for wise reasoning.”
What is Wisdom?
Scientists and philosophers determine wisdom as understanding the limit of your knowledge, the ability to see the diversity of life and how it evolves over time, willingness to acknowledge the point of view of other people, and recognizing ways to resolve conflicting ideas.
Fluctuation of heart rate is a normal process. Yours might fluctuate even while relaxing because it’s linked to your central nervous system and general control of organ function.
Those participants who had more variety in their heart rates had lower rates of bias when instructed to consider problems in society from a third-person perspective. Basically, putting yourself in another person’s shoes.
Grossman clarified, “We already knew that people with greater variation in their heart rate show superior performance in the brain’s executive functioning such as working memory. To channel their cognitive abilities for wiser judgment, people with greater heart rate variability first need to overcome their egocentric [focused on self] viewpoints.”
The keys of wisdom are based in happiness, clarity, and emotional wellness among other things. It’s not all about being the desired place but the journey to get there.
Gain the Life You’re Meant to Live
If you have no obstacles in your life, it’s hard to know when you’re winning. On the other hand, if you have too many obstacles in your life, you can lose motivation and focus.
Balance in your physical, mental, and emotional self are what you need to live the best life you can live. It can be a challenge but challenge is good for you! Especially when you can choose the methods that work right for you and your situation.
- Fixing a destination in your mind is the first step.
- Gaining the skills to navigate there is the second step.
Living an existence filled with gratitude, purpose, and happiness is going to release you from the bonds of stress and struggle. Every problem has a solution. Sometimes, we simply need to find the doorway that leads out of a particular problem.
I want to talk to you about my book that is filled with those doorways!
Keys of Wisdom from “Life and Living Toolbook”
- Overcome the “Age of Anxiety” of our modern world!
- Crush the obstacles to living a happy life!
- Forget 2,000-year-old behavior teachings. This is the 21st century! We know so much more about life patterns and emotional management…let me teach you how to get the right outcomes in life.
- Learn to live with the consideration and manners of a vanished age of courtesy, sharing love, warmth, and “gentleness” with those around you (and why it’s important)!
- Discover an exercise that will help you spot and overcome the tendency to stand in your own way and counter-create what you want!
- Use a powerful mental cleansing and decompression to refresh your mind and spirit in as little as 7 days!
- Acquire the knowledge to pattern your life using a unique set of core values that make us all accountable for our actions on earth!
- Learn how to use touch to heal wounds, restore function, and expand energy.
- Unleash your happiness balloons and watch them float upwards here and now! Not “sometime” or “maybe” in the future…right now!
- Jam-packed with data at a great value!
It’s time to delete the adverse energies, beliefs, postulations, and attitudes which lead to a distorted viewpoint. To embrace the potential of your mind and heart to gain true keys of wisdom into who you are and what you’re meant to do in your life.
Everyone is unique but everyone will benefit by removing the negative aspects of your mental and emotional space to restore and enhance your clarity and freedom of view. All success is learning. You have to practice and absorb techniques for improved outcomes. You can’t overlook the importance of learning to successful life change and personal growth.
Start now…right now. Read “Life and Living Toolbook” and start changing your life through your own ability and focus. No more waiting for a sign.
This is it.
The post Could the Keys to Wisdom Be Found in Your Heart? appeared first on Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby.