They keep telling us to eat 5 servings of veggies a day, as if that is all you need.
We are told to eat a “balanced diet”, as if that contains all the nutrients that are vital to health. That’s based on lousy opinion, from 50 years ago, when nutritional science had hardly started.
Even if it was true then (it wasn’t), in 2011 that advice is deadly and flawed. According to expert Heinrich Elmer, today you would need 10 servings of vegetables to equal just one serving from 50 years ago!1
“Vitamin and mineral deficiency is the source of the most massive ‘hidden hunger’ and malnutrition in the world today. The ‘hidden hunger’ due to micronutrient deficiency does not produce hunger as we know it.” said UNICEF’s Deputy Executive Director Mr. Kul C. Gautam, at a press conference at UNICEF House on 24th March 2004.
“You might not feel it in the belly, but it strikes at the core of your health and vitality. It remains widespread, posing devastating threats to health, education, economic growth and to human dignity in developing countries.”
“We also know today that micronutrient deficiencies are subtle and insidious. They can cause blindness and brain damage. They can induce stillbirths and abortions. They make people fatigued and lethargic.”
You Are What You Eat
We are what we eat, the saying goes; so all of us should be alarmed by new research from several well recognized research teams that suggest the nutritional value of modern foods isn’t just declining, it’s collapsing. We cannot live healthily without adequate minerals; they are the fundamental source and the basic building blocks of life.
Over farming, soil depletion, commercial fertilizer, hybrid crops and genetic modifications are slashing the nutrients found in your fruits and vegetables. In fact, you’d have to eat 10 servings of spinach to get the same level of minerals from just one serving about 50 years ago.
And that’s only the beginning.
Take a look at the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) nutritional values for fruits and vegetables today compared to 1975.
- Apples: Vitamin A is down 41%
- Sweet Peppers: Vitamin C is down 31%
- Watercress: Iron is down 88%
- Broccoli: Calcium and Vitamin A are down 50%
- Cauliflower: Vitamin C is down 45%; Vitamin B1 is down 48%; and Vitamin B2 is down 47%
- Collard Greens: Vitamin A is down 45%; Potassium is down 60%; and Magnesium is down 85%
This is not new! Back in 1936, a group of doctors introduced Document No. 264 to the floor of the United States Senate. It was a dire warning that the mineral content of the soil was eroding. Vegetables were losing their power and people were at risk. Unfortunately Congress did nothing.
Today, it’s worse; much worse. Minerals like iron and magnesium have dropped by more than 80 percent. That’s from commercial farming technology and powerful fertilizers that practically sterilize the soil – leaving it with little to no mineral content.
The same story is repeating in Europe and the newly developed world. In 2000, the UK Soil Association reported that trace minerals in the UK fruit and vegetables had fallen by 76 percent.
Idiotic farming methods have depleted the soil of every essential nutrient, except PKN (phosphorous, potassium and nitrogen). The planet is being stripped of goodness and nothing done to replace it.
Obviously, if the soil doesn’t have minerals, there’s no way for vegetables to absorb them.
Why Is This A Problem?
Minerals participate in a multitude of bio-chemical processes necessary for the maintenance of health in human beings and the animals that inhabit our planet. There would be no life without minerals! Minerals control millions of chemical and enzymatic processes which occur in the human body at all times. This knowledge alone should make us aware of the importance of minerals for mankind’s survival.
Although some are very rare, there are more than 100 mineral elements found on earth. Four of these—oxygen, hydrogen, carbon and nitrogen—make up 96% of our body. The remaining 4% of our body is basically made up in part of 70 or more minerals, most of which are unfortunately no longer readily available in our soils.
So: to help protect you from this disaster, one of the world’s leading nutritionists, Dr Al Sears MD, has created a formula of powerful “green foods” that gives you the nutrient power of over 9 pounds of assorted vegetables – all from drinking a naturally fortified glass of juice or water.
PLUS: he has added three “Supernutrients” that will literally drag the toxins right out of your body!
Just mix in 2 teaspoons and you’re done!
He calls it Ultra Greens. I think it’s the best possible solution to the fake “food” that’s being served to us—and it will protect you and your family.
Check out Dr. Sears’ Ultra Greens formula here:
The post Veggies No Longer Nourishing appeared first on Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby.