A special week for me this week in France. So I thought I’d dust off an old piece and update it, rather than sweat over an original newsletter! It’s as valid as ever and I have added crucial stuff from very recent science…
We are, as they say, “none of us getting any younger”. I look in the mirror some days and thank my lucky stars I know how to keep it going to the max (I’m 77 next birthday!) We Boomers want to go on partying until our last day on earth, right?
To do that best, you need to create for yourself some kind of self-determined anti-aging plan. It’s just like any other goal in life: decide what you want, work out the steps to get it and then do those steps.
The one dumb thing you shouldn’t do is DO NOTHING. That won’t bring any rewards, just crumbly old age.
Here are a few thoughts from me, to help you do just that (not in any particular order of priority). You can change, extend or adapt this in any way you wish.
1. Create and Maintain a Healthy Mental Environment
Develop friends, clubs, family ties and hobbies. Be with people you like, doing stuff you like. It’s crucial. You also need to create yourself some nourishing goals. It’s clear that people with a worthwhile purpose that carries them into the future will go on creating that future, as long as the inspiration lasts!
2. Diet: Track down your personal stressor foods and get off them. I can’t stress enough that this is the number #1 anti-aging factor in the Universe! That also means removing all manufactured foods from your diet and eat only whole foods. Reduce your carbohydrate intake to 100 gr. per day, maximum (2 slices of bread, 3 small potatoes).
On no account eat refined carbohydrates, which means no sodas, ice cream, cookies, cakes, candy, etc. Sugar is one of the WORST aging chemicals known to Man.
3. Make up your mind to do three 40-minute brisk walks every week. Try to make one of them last over an hour. You need to get out of breath and sweat by the finish. This is not time wasted; you’ll get it back in useful years, later in your life. That’s a promise.
4. Develop and strengthen your mind. Nothing gives more certainty of a healthy future than being able to project it in your thoughts. If you stay active and purposeful, with things to look forward to that enjoy, you WILL live beyond average. Read books, do crosswords, and learn a language.
No mind-dumbing activities like watching TV.
5. Do calming and relaxing exercizes. You can try yoga, tai ch’i or meditation. Best of all is Multi-Media Sensory Stimulation (MMSS), using binaural beats and photic driving for brain entrainment, using a device called the Braintap. I have created some very special tracks for you which, as well as reducing stress levels, creates enjoyable and inspiring mind journeys. For example, there is a journey to Atlantis, connecting with Gaia or having an adventure in Avalon.
6. If you are over 60 and haven’t done it yet, get a saliva test for your hormone levels. Supplement cautiously with a view to raising those which are low. If you can, work in conjunction with a knowledgeable anti-aging doctor.
8. Work yourself out a supplements program and be sure to include at least the following:
- Omega-3s 2 – 3 gr daily
- CoenzymeQ10 200 mg daily
- Selenium 100 mcg daily
- Acetyl-L-carnitine 500 mg daily
- Alpha-lipoic acid 200 mg daily
- Vitamin C 5 – 10 gr daily (try Dr. Keith’s Own Super-C)
- Vitamin D 2,000 mg daily.
A super-quality multi, such as my own Telovite, will help you get to these figures.
9. Top yourself up with iodine and repeat this from time to time. Aim for about 5 – 10 mg a month.
10. Get Yourself a Far Infra-Red Sauna if you can. This is a great sweat detoxer, to keep your tissues free of accumulations of unwanted chemicals. If you can’t afford one or can’t find room for it at home, seek out a club or society that has one and use it at least once a week.
11. Take NMN if you have a mind. That’s an important precursor to NAD, which is the most important anti-aging molecule found so far. It’s light years ahead of resveratrol!
12. Even better do a “zombie cell detox”. That’s the proper scientific term by the way. It means clean out the old and senescent cells in your body. And YES, it can be done simply and easily. It requires fisetin and some adjuvant, so that it’s more bioavailable. I do a product called Zombie Cell Detox! (Currently out of stock, please stay posted)
13. You need to keep inflammation at bay. The less inflammation the better! You’ll need to take lots of omega-3s, of course. Also good for quenching inflammation, energizing your mitochondria and growing a steady supply of new brain cells (good investment!) Consider getting yourself an intranasal red light device, such as the VIELIGHT NEURO.
Or also consider vagus nerve stimulation.
14. Sleep is crucial. If Sleep, many of you know, is just about the number #1 healing modality in nature. Without enough sleep, you decay fast. THAT’S how important sleep is. So I decided to throw together my thoughts, knowledge and experience into a small but useful book.
It’s a full compendium of sleep science and tips for better rest. I called it SLEEP TOOLS! To learn more, go here.
15. Take your place proudly among the new “tribal elders” as you grow older and be proud of your life and achievements. You have knowledge beyond price, which is experience in life. Wear what you have learned with grace and beauty and people will love you for it.
Insist that people respect ancestors. We will all be ancestors someday.
16. Finally, find love, even if it’s a non-sexual relationship. Love keeps us all alive because it’s what it means to BE alive! Try to avoid the squabbles which break up relationships because you will need each other in later life. Single and divorced people don’t live as long as couples. I can’t insist you have regular sex, even though it’s very good for you. But if you are alone, or your partner is not up for fun and excitement, you can masturbate regularly, at least 2 -3 times a week, and don’t be ashamed.
In any event, watch and enjoy the movie Our Souls At Night, in which Jane Fonda and Robert Redford appear as elderly neighbors who agree to start sleeping together, just as friends, rather than feel lonely at night. There is no suggestion they have sex together (but the movie doesn’t say it DIDN’T happen either!)
Finally, stay current. This field is changing very swiftly. Try to keep connected with me, since you know I won’t be giving you the hype and baloney from magazines or TV. Just the facts!
Updated, edited, and extracted from the book Aging Without Growing Old.To your good health,
Prof. Keith Scott-Mumby
The Official Alternative Doctor